The Nine Peaks Nightcaps!

May 22nd, 2019

The Nightcaps are a labor of love for me. I have been working on them on and off for some time. I recently faced a goblin team in my local league and they were TERRIFYING to play against! They even went on to win the season!!! Needless to say, this experience has rekindled my interest in finishing the team!

There are several posts through this page featuring the team's progress so this will be the thread where I update the final evolution of the team's conversions and paint.

So without further ado, Here is the updated Pogoer and proof that I have been working on the team's bases. The plan is to add "cave floor" to all using GS. Then I will go back and add in more details such as rocks, stalagmites, skulls, and mushrooms! Stay tuned for more Night Gobo fun!!!
July, 2019
Still SLOWLY adding GS to the bases.
These little beasties are back on my mind, I don't think it will be long now before I am able to break them out and get some work done on them again.
I was thinking more about my Doom Diver model too! Presently I want to add wings to a fanatic and use some thin plasticard to represent the sticks used for the wing assembly...

July 24th, 2019
Well the Fanatic Doom Diver idea doesn't work. The repose is WAY TOO COMPLICATED! But not to worry, I found an alternative in the form of a Grot from a warbiker sprue! A minor repose to the arms, a head swap, and a IMHO REALLY cool mushroom mounting idea, I am well on my way to adding this guy to the team's resource pool. A little stuck on how to position/make the wings right now, but I am sure something will come to me sooner or later...
 I also got some basing done. I put my bomber on a relatively simple base, and added coins to represent his need for bribes to stay on the pitch.
I was even able to base the team's Coach (Yet to be named)! He was kidnapped by Night Goblins when he was just a little spore, and to this day believes that his is a night Goblin himself. I am planning to add some sculpted mushrooms growing out of the skull on his base.
July 25th, 2019
I started assembling the Doom Diver's wings. I decided to go for a more classic look, and have been using this pic for reference. 
July 29th, 2019
No pics for this update. I spent the evening gluing strips of plastic cut from Underworlds packaging over the open slots in the basses of the team. I am now ANOTHER step closer to completion! 

December 23rd, 2019
A new Blood Bowl season is just around the corner and I think I might want to play my Night Goblins... As such, I have been slowly working on the team. Most recently I have been working on the GS basses.

January 14th, 2020
A successful foraging expedition! Simple, but very time consuming to make!
January 19th, 2020
Based! 16 Goblins, Bomma, Looney, ‘Ooligan, Fanatic, Pogoer, 3 Trolls, Coach, Wizard, Apothecary, & Star player all on custom basses with skulls, rocks, mushrooms 🍄, and eventually water effects on a couple.
Next up are turn, re-roll, score markers, and magnets!
January 27th, 2020
Look out below!!!!!!!
RE-ROLL!!!!! OH look at that!!!! Double sixes! What are the chances!!! LOL!
January 29th, 2020
Undercoated!
January 31st, 2020
I have painted all of the team's bases, based their yellow shoes, and made a start on the troll! Not bad for an evenings work IMHO. I think I am going to do one model at a time and see how that goes...
February 2nd, 2020
Gobos! SO, I'm really happy with how these two have turned out. Table top quality for sure, but that is exactly what they are for :)
Averland Sunset, Sunburst Yellow, and Sepia wash for the yellows. Agrax earthshade wash for the "rust", and black and gun metal for the chips. Black, with a Blue Grey/black highlight for the robes. Warboss green, Moot green highlight, Biel tan wash, Moot green highlight for the skin. Bone with an Agrax earthshade wash for the teeth. Red eyes.

So I started painting this team one model at a time. I am finding that switching paint pots so much is really slowing me down...
I am going to either use my wet pallet to have the paints out readily available, OR batch paint colours... I think I will try the wet palette approach first.
February 3rd, 2020
So I decided to go with the wet palette and I am pretty happy with the decision. 4 Gobos in about 2 hours. Now I just need to try and keep up the pace!
February 4th, 2020
Keeping the pace! 3 Gobos and a Bomma! I want to paint a skull on the bomb, but can come back to it later. Things may slow a little as I head into the special weapons, coaching staff, and trolls...
February 5th, 2020
As suspected my pace dropped significantly. I was able to complete my Fanatic, and I am 80% done my Pogoer, I was also able to paint the cloth and its details onto my second Troll. I think I will be focusing on single minis from here on in.
February 7th, 2020
REALLY not feeling motivated to paint anymore! BUT..... I'm trying to hang in there! Finished this guy up tonight.
February 9th, 2020
So I was able to "Hop to it" and got this fine young fellow completed. 
 AND, I was able to complete the first Staff member! The Apothecary! It's probably best NOT to get hurt, as I am not sure how much this guy is going to help...
February 10th, 2020
A team isn't complete without its Markers!!! I am happy with the cauldron that ended up with the accidental awesomeness of having the potion look like a skull!
 Nice and simple addition of mushrooms gave this token just enough to make it "mine".
 SUPER stoked with these scratch built dice! I'm sure this re-roll marker is going to see A LOT of action! I am part way through painting the score marker, which I am also pretty happy with. Now if I can paint my Coach model up before Wednesdays game I will have everything being used painted! That will let up the pressure a little to get the rest of the models for the team painted.
February 17th, 2020
Made some pretty good progress...Score marker is finished
 Magnetized base and first ball are done.
 Doom Diver is done.
 Ooligan is finished. I made him before realizing that two heads was an actual skill! SO.... I thought that his "disturbing presence" rule may be better realized with blue skin.... The reasoning being that Trolls are gross and this little fellow is a half troll.
 Line Gobo number 10 complete... Well #14, but you know what I mean!
So with the completion of these models I now have my starting roster for the new season all painted! I have 6 line gobos, a troll, an ork wizard (doubles as an Orc coach), and a star player left to paint in terms of players. For other goodies I have a couple of kegs, treasure chests/bribes, and two goblin specific balls. 

February 23rd, 2020
No pictures for this update, but the last 6 Line Gobos are finished!
I think I am going to try and finish up the markers before Season 13 kicks off on Wednesday night...

Comments