Long overdue update!

Contrary to what the huge lapse in blog entries may seem to signify, I have actually been quite productive with my hobbying. The Ellyrian Lighting are Very close to completion, and I have made great progress on both my Skaven and Chaos teams.





First up, here is the update on the Elves. Bases are labeled with positions, static grass has been added and some have details such as lines, blood splats/streaks, and skulls. The team also have numbers on their armour now. And I even did my best to paint their eyes... which ironically highlighted how bad my own are getting:



Here is the Skaven progress:
Basses are made from sand that I collected at Miracle beach and mixed with white glue. I scratch built the pipes, and I also sculpted some warpstone from GS (not yet added) with the intension to paint is using OSL. I also made a ball piece.
I bought the FW Skaven booster pack which I am very happy with. I left them mostly alone, with the exception of two tail swaps, one on the thrower and the other on one of the Gutter Runners. And of course I had some fun basing them. The thrower seems to be quite small for some reason...So I decided to name him Pip Squeek.
My favourite and hopefully best players will be this dastardly duo of significantly converted fellows. A Gutter Runner, and Rat Ogre. The Gutter Runner has a thrower's tail and arms in addition to a custom sculpted hood to match his FW brethren. The Rat Ogre has had a lot done to him on his journey from a static pose to this now very dynamic presentation.





Here is what the Rat Ogre looked like before I got a hold of him







And here is what I have gotten done on the Chaos team:
I built this Skull Turn/Score/Re-roll counter using the GW box of skulls and an extra EU coin. I am happy with how it turned out, and may make a second...



I have subtly converted these Khorne warriors. They have had their axes removed, and studs added to their boots, two have been given claws from some extra old school Gene Stealers that I have lying around, and the bases are platicard with...YEP... you guessed it! more skulls! I had 5 Warriors and decided to make a coach. I added severed heads, and a 40K banner that I will be painting to look like a list of plays. I also have the FW minotaur which is a FANTASTIC mini! I am not feeling the need to convert him at all! Which is a BIG deal for me!!! I am just missing the rest of the team!!! :P



I have even taken time to work on some Gas Lands cars! I am trying to keep things simple and fun and remain focussed on Blood Bowl as my main hobby, but who doesn't love to play with toy cars!
These will be my Myazaki team. As you can see "simple" is a concept I still have a hard time with as I felt compelled to give the lead car windows by using copper wire and Green Stuff (still a WIP) and scratch building a spoiler. Here's hoping I can stick to the plan and just get minimal add ins done, and get some paint on them.
 
 





Comments