Wake me up before you POGO!!!

It seems that the Night Goblin's chaotic and nonsensical nature is wearing off on me!
After buying 2 Trolls, an Ogre, and an Orc that I am going to use as the Night Goblin Coach, one would think that one of those great models would be the next focus of my attentions, but NO!

I got inspired to work on my Pogoer! I love the way the Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Pogoer looks, and wanted to draw from its feel to create my own unique model. I really liked the idea of having the cross bar where the goblin stands being a weapon in of itself, and the clawed base of the pogo seemed like it would lend itself well to providing me with a solid point of contact with the base with.

I started off by raiding the good old bitz box like any gamer worth his salt would do. I came away with a couple of Orruk Brute pole weapons to use for the base of the pogo. I liked how the hafts of the weapons looked "unfinished", and weren't perfectly straight, features that just screamed Night Goblin to me. I also re purposed a skull and some mushrooms from a Night Goblin banner that I was not using. After some choppin, slashin', stickin', and green stuffin' I came up with what I considered to be a pretty cool start on my pogo. I was REALLY happy with how the Orruk weapon blades turned out, I can just picture my Goblin coming down ontop of the oposing team's players and slicing them up.



Next I needed to start working on some of the details, and figuring out what the Goblin riding the pogo was going to look like, and how he was going to be posed.
For the spring section I used copper wire, and the WIP claw base is made from GS and a plastic cog that I saved when I pulled apart an old camera that stopped working. I decided that the single mushroom on top of the skull was too lonely looking so I gave him two friends (also from the Night Goblin banner).

I decided to go with a standard Night Goblin from the boxed set as opposed to a fanatic because it just seemed to feel better, was a better fit with what I had envisioned for the player, and provided me with more flexibility in regards to what I could do with the conversion.
That being said, The model was very generic, and static. I still need to add some extra little touches to help add a dynamic feel to the model. I used GS to make the robes look as though they were flapping in the breeze, and I chopped off the existing short hood in favor of modeling my own sculpted "ode to" the metal fanatic models that I love so much. Of course, adding a skull to the end of a hood is never a bad idea, so I did just that. I then added his number plate to really tie him in with the team. His right arm (Night Goblin spear arm with spear removed) added a much needed fourth point of contact to the pogo, helping to ensure that he wasn't going to be breaking off all of the time.

Then all I needed to do was finish the claw section of the pogo, and figure out what to do for his left arm... I decided to give this guy a ball. He will be the only gobo on the team with a ball, and I feel that this is a fitting decision given that ball carrier is his primary role on the team.
Here is what I have come up with for the "ball hand" and the progress to date...




So I was able to get the ball holding arm mounted and I am happy with how it turned out. I had to cut and pin the arm to get it into the right position, and then I used Green Stuff to fill in the gaps and sculpt new robes. I also sculpted new fingers out of GS so that they looked more like they were holding the ball. 

Comments