Shadespire

So after getting the Shadespire Core set, AND all of the released goodies to date for Christmas I decided that I needed to organize myself so that I have a coherent looking game that I am proud of. I am going to try and create a "cold and ghostly" effect to all of the war bands in order to reflect the macarbe spirit and background of the game

I am planning to draw heavily from the Painting Buddha Korghos Khul tutorial for the armour and skin of my Stormcast Eternal war band. I really like the colder look that the tutorial covers, and feel that it fits nicely with how I envision the game's setting. 
I really like the idea that despite the Stormcast Eternals being lightening infused pillars of righteousness, they are still not completely beyond the reach of the dark ritual that Nagash placed upon the city draining it of all colour and life, they are after all trapped like all of the others.  

When I saw these pictures of a Sepulchral Guard model, I knew that I had found a base idea from which to work. I love how that Petitioner has the "night" look to him. I may try a slightly more subtle green wash over the bone to achieve the look of the GW art below, and I am not fully decided on whether or not to go with the OSL.

 

At this point in time I think that I am inclined to go with the GW colour scheme for both the Ironskull's Boyz and Garrek's Reavers while utilizing the same "cold gold", and pale skin looks as mentioned above... If it isn't broken don't fix it...

           

I am also REALLY excited to work on some 3 dimentional Hex fillers for the boards, and have seen some great stuff online for inspiration. 

Comments