Wot do U meen I aint a gobo!?

I was scrolling through the GW site looking for inspiration the other day when I came across the Orruk Great Shaman mini. I couldn't believe my eyes! As soon as I saw this guy I knew I needed him on my Night Goblin team, but what would he represent?... Then it came to me... He is going to be my coach!

I thought up a couple of possibilities for background/fluff with this guy... He was stolen at birth (or whatever orcs do) by a sneaky goblin and raised to believe that he is essentially a Night Goblin on steroids! or he is Simply an orc that is coaching the team. He won't be a shaman, but that big bone could be what he uses to "motivate" his players into giving their all on the pitch. Fluff is fun, but for me it was the conversion possibilities that got me all excited!

Dreaming up conversion ideas for this guy was quite simple, as will be the actual conversion work, I hope. Nothing to fancy, I am going for a less is more approach with this guy.

The fact that he is wearing robes puts him at about 70% Night Goblin already in my mind. I was thinking that I could model/sculpt his hood to be taller like the other Night Goblin characters, this would help to remove any doubts that he is connected to the team. OR I could leave well enough alone as the existing hood looks pretty cool already IMHO.

You can't see it in this pic, but he has a satchel full of bones across his back, and a few other "Shamany" mushrooms and trinkets hanging there too. My idea is to resculpt the satchel so that a large playbook is barely fitting into it and is poking 1/4 out. I will more than likely just not attach the sword on his hip, and that is about it! 1 Night Goblin Coach completed!

Now I just need my order to arrive so that I can get started on him and my Trolls!




Comments