They Have a Cave Troll!


How could I possibly have a Night Goblin team without Trolls you ask!?

Well I can't of course! And I am old, so I am going to call them Trolls NOT Troggoths.

I have given A LOT of thought about which Trolls to use. And after A LOT of back and forth between the pros and cons of the Fell water v's Sour Breath "Troggoths" I have decided to go with the Sour Breath Trolls.

I like that the Sour Breaths are taller and will really stand out from the Night goblin players, whereas I felt that the Fell water trolls are a little too short and stout for what I envision my team to look like. I also really like the details on them and feel that the heads and skulls on them fit well with what I see as the feel of Blood Bowl. The club wielding Troll even has a Slayer's head on his belt! How perfect is that!?

The plan, as far as conversion is concerned, is to remove the weapons, add/sculpt "night goblin hoods", make their ears a little pointier and sticking out of the hoods, add number plates (definitely to their backs, and perhaps their chests), add a little Armour (probably just a shoulder pad for each Troll from a BB Black Orc Blocker), I will reposition the right arm on the club wielding Troll to look less awkward and more "punchy". Then, I will paint them both blue ( I like blue Trolls, what can I say) so that they look like Stone Trolls.


It will be a fun challenge converting metal models again, it has been quite a while. But I think the work will be well worth it.




Comments