All about the base.

Even though I know the goblin team is not my play style, there is just something about it that I just can't resist! It really has grown into my "centrepiece" team/project. The latest work that I am doing on them are the bases. I love the new GW Underworld Night Goblin warband, and I am excited to buy them and use them in Blood Bowl... well a couple of them anyway.
I was thinking that Zarbag would make a pretty epic coach, it would be fun to have the squigs possibly hanging out in the dead box for aesthetics, as cheerleaders, or even turn counters. Drizgit would make a nice assistant coach, and Snirk Sourtounge could make a good star player or alternate fanatic. the fact that he is drinking fits in well the the Nine Peaks Nightcaps team name too.



I am sculpting the team's bases out of GS in order to be in line with the underworld ones and it is pretty fun so far. I want to incorporate a couple bomb crater bases, and some other cool "goblin cave" features seen on the underworld models like the coins, mushrooms, and stalagmites.  I think the biggest challenge will be showing some restraint and not overcrowding the bases with mushrooms! I have decided to first sculpt the bases with minimal detail, and then to go back and add the fun stuff later, possibly after dry fitting the goblins to make sure everything looks and functions well... You never know, they may actually have possession of the ball from time to time and I want to make sure that there is somewhere to put it.

Comments