Two for one!

I must admit that I am REALLY excited to see what GW has in store for us with the second edition of Warhammer Underworlds (Nightvault). Not only does the new game look fun with its introduction of magic and other mechanics into game play, but the warbands looks GREAT! More specifically Zarbag's Gitz aka Night goblins!
I feel that I am getting a two for one deal here! First off, having Night Goblins in any game is a win for me, so that is a no brainer. I also REALLY love the look of the dice! But where I can see even more potential for the models is on a Blood Bowl pitch!!!
I can see myself using Zarbag himself as my team's coach, the armoured guy (? Squig herder) as either an assistant coach or wizard, the drunk "Fanatic" as a star player...or regular Fanatic for that matter, and the Squigs as turn counters!
And as if that wasn't enough This release has also helped me to realize what I want my Blood Bowl team's basses to look like! I was thinking of having the team's bases imitate the Dwarf pitch, and I created a narrative to fit this, but after seeing these bases, I can see that GW was able to manifest what I had in my mind all along! Perfect cave looking bases with just enough texture & details to add interest and narrative without taking away from the models! I may even base my Blood Bowl team on smaller bases to fit with these. I am definitely going to get my hands on these guys!   

Comments