Morg 'N' Thorg

So I got caught up in the whirl of excitement back when Blood Bowl was re-relaesaed, and even though I have no real desire to become a human coach, I decided that I HAD to have an Ogre and bought one. But he has sat in my bits box ever since.

I have wanted to do a Morg 'N' Thorg conversion for a VERY long time, but haven't really had the inspiration come to me. Then after cruising around various BB websites and a lot of google image searching I found this sketch.

It was this image that sparked the flames of my imagination for the conversion, and allowed my Ogre miniature to not only see the light of day once again, but also to thud boldly onto the pitch as none other that the Balista himself, MORG 'N' THORG!

For this conversion I decided that I needed to get rid of a lot of the armour that the Ogre was wearing. As such, I needed to do a fair bit of Green Stuff sculpting on the miniature's shoulders, head, back, and neck because the original model's armour covers these areas. I added a bigger "Ogre like" tooth and finished off his head with a nice little mohawk.

I really wanted to create a "killy" feel to the mini so I repositioned the right arm into more of a menacing/swinging pose, and made the signature punch blade from Greeen Stuff and Plasticard. I also decided to give him a blade/horn on his stomach plate, and sculpted spiked armour plates circling his waist. I then added a circular number plate to the back of his left shoulder to help balance the model out, and because I wanted to give it a go.

Some of the most fun I had was trying to sculpt Morg 'N' Thorg's Championship rings, I went with a pearl for simplicity, and then tried my hand at sculpting the smallest skull I have ever done.

Comments