BIGGA IZ BETTA!

The looney is a model that I was both looking forward to and dreading! I think the model has SO much potential to be cool, and I was worried that I was not going to be able to do it justice.
As usual I was inspired when surfing the internet (Hoard 'O' Bitz website to be exact) looking at Orc weapons. I "saw" this piece and new I had found what I was looking for.

I really liked the round saw blade, and the spike on the top kind of reminds me of a moon for some reason. I was fortunate enough that a friend (Thank you Jed) had the piece in their Bitz box, and gave it to me. So with the piece secured, the real fun began!

I based the player on a plastic Night Goblin Fanatic. First I cut and filed away all of the chains and ropes that he had on him. I ended up cutting a fair bit of plastic from the model in order to "slim down" his look/robes. I used a drill and drilled out both of his hands so that the could hold his "chainsaw". This stage took a while and was pretty scary. I chopped the saw blade off just above the hand and pinned it with enough wire to fit through the Goblin's drilled hands. Then I cut and sculpted the haft from an Orruk Brute weapon to fasion the chainsaw's handle. I glued, tidied, and green stuffed everything up and was ready to move on from the weapon. 

Next up was giving the Night Goblin a cool hood conversion. I started by cutting away quite a lot of the goblin's body in order to get a head position that I liked and felt contributed to the dynamic pose I was going for. Then I cut the existing hood off, and modelled my own longer version complete with a skull on the end. I finished the hood by filling in & sculpting the areas that I had cut away to achieve the pose. I added the mandatory crescent moon number plate to his back, and finished the piece off by replacing the tuft of grass that he was based on with an Orc skull. 
I am pretty happy with how he turned out. Of course the saw is RIDICULOUSLY big, but I feel that just plays into the Spirit of the team.








Comments