MADCAP MIGGS & TOOFY TERROR!!!


One of the most exciting elements for me about the Night Goblins team is the randomness of many of their players. This is in part because it allows me to pass the blame of my poor coaching onto the players! But mostly because the chaos is just SO much fun and fluffy to who the goblins are.


I have always loved Squig hoppers, and the prospect of being able to get a Squig onto the Blood Bowl pitch was just too much for me to pass up!

So the first order of business was of course to try and find a model that will do the iconic Squig and his rider justice...
This was actually one of the simplest decisions I have made for the team to date. I knew that THIS was the model the moment I laid eyes on it. Of course I would need to do some conversion work, but that is half the fun of this hobby right!?



















Night Goblin's hoods are one of my favorite features that the sneaky little gitz have, so naturally, getting rid of the helmet and modelling the cloak to be up on the goblin's head was the first conversion. I did this using a combination of plasticard and green stuff. I really wanted the model to reflect the rules for Madcap Miggs. As such, for the "No hands" rule, I left the left hand holding onto the Squig (for dear life), and then re positioned the other into a more menacing pose and added a Moon Bladed gauntlet to it. The gauntlet not only makes it impossible for him to be able to hold a ball, but also represents the "Claw" special rule really nicely. I used the new Shadespire Orc gauntlets as reference material for Madcaps' gauntlet, but man was sculpting it a challenging process. I then added the coveted crescent moon number plate to Madcap's back, did some work on his eyes, Toofy Terror's (the Squig's) claws, and called it a day.



Comments