Two Trolls are better than one!

So my order came in to my FLAGS yesterday, and I was able to pick it up last night after work!
I was excited about the models because they are going to add some much needed punch, and leadership to my Night Goblin team, AND they will also add a star player option to future teams!

The Night Goblins are now getting 2 Trolls, and a Coach!!!
The plan is to convert the 2 Sour Breath Troggoths into Night Goblin Stone Trolls, and to use the Orc Shaman as a Head Coach. The Ogre will be converted into none other than the Mighty Morg'n'Thorg!!!


I was pretty nervous about having to convert metal models again. I have been spoiled with all of the great plastic kits that are available these days, and it has been quite a while since my last metal conversion.
I can't put into words how excited I was when I saw the stone club wielding Troll blister and realized that his arms were separate and that I wasn't going to have to cut the club off of his torso!

For the conversion work on these guys I will be removing the stone and bone clubs and sculpting the fists closed. I will then move on to the fun part of sculpting hoods onto them both, I think that the hoods will have little bells attached to the ends of them to help the goblins keep track of them should they wonder off in the middle of a game. Lastly, I want to add on some shoulder pads and number plates to really tie them into the Night Goblin team and the game. 



I really couldn't be happier with the trolls! I was having a hard time deciding between these and the Fellwater Troggoths, but I am more than happy with my decision now that I can see the Night Goblin and Troll models side by side. This is exactly what I had envisioned.


I had made plans to do a fair bit of conversion work on the Orc Shaman, but after laying eyes on him, I think that I am going to leave him well enough alone because he is an AMAZING model! 
I am however, throwing around the idea of having him on a slightly larger base and adding a Snotling in Night Goblin robes holding up a play book for him to add a little more of a BB feel to him...

The Ogre/Morg 'N' Thorg conversion on the other hand is going to take A LOT of work! I have BIG plans for him, and will save the details for a later post that I can dedicate to him alone. 

Thanks for reading :) 

Comments