Having a Blast!

So I have been able to do some work on my Night Goblin Bomber!

For this conversion I used the Night Goblin character head and body from the boxed set, and cut off a small ball and chain from a fanatic to use as the bomb. I used a standard left arm, and the champion's right arm holding the scythe (both weapons removed).
Then I cut the fingers off of the right hand, glued the bomb in place, and GSd some fingers
I then cut into the models ankles and repositioned the feet to allow for a more dynamic pose that looks like he is chucking the bomb at the other team's players.
I am happy with the progress and dynamic pose. But he just doesn't feel finished for some reason.

So this unfinished feeling got me thinking... Other Bomber figures have more detail to them such as smoke coming from the bomb (FW models) or bags of extra bombs (BB2 Legendary Edition video game). What else if anything does my guy need?

My initial thoughts are to sculpt some smoke coming from the bomb, and perhaps model a sack of bombs on the base behind him, sort of like a santa's sack... but then I think that he is nice and simple/clean as is, and I don't want to over do it and have the model look "too busy".

I would be interested in hearing what others think...



Comments