Disturbing but fun!

So next up is my Night Goblin Ooligan! 
It took me a very long time to decide what I was going to do for this guy.
I looked at the classic GW models and they were holding scarfs and/or bottles which really didn't do it for me. 

So, I did what all good modelers would do and conducted a google search for "hooligans". The search came up with a lot of images of young men with scarfs over their faces and baseball bats. That image was a little more appealing to me, but I didn't want to have a Night Goblin with a bat on the table in case it caused confusion about having a weapon. 

In the end I went back and looked at the skills that the player has (Disturbing Presence and Fan Favorite), and tried to use that as inspiration. 
I decided that a goblin can be disturbing at the best of times, give him two heads and you are well on your way! 
I also envision the two heads having frequent disagreements arguments with each other, and that this plays well into the bickering nature of Night Goblins. I also envisioned that the arguments and fights that the Ooligan has with himself would entertain the fans and make them very happy. So there you have it! My Ooligan. 

For the conversion, I used a regular Night Goblin Body from the Boxed set, sawed the head off, and then mounted it back again beside the loose champion head that also comes in the box. I then used GS to hide the join and to add some wrinkly hood effects. The right arm is a simple weapon removal. The left arm however was a little more tricky. It is from a bow and arrow option available in the box. I cut the hand off, drilled a hole in the wrist and the torso, then attached them with wire and used GS to sculpt the arm and robes. 
And of course I then added the number plate to his back. 



Comments