The Hoard Approaches!

Here are my 16 Line Gobos!
I may never actually play a team of all line Gobos, but I had a blast converting them.

Converting these guys was a labor of love to say the least.
All of the weapons had to be cut from the arms, and in most cases I had to re-sculpt the hands and thumbs so that they looked like fists. There was also a shortage of the arms I needed, so I had to cut hands from the bow and arrow arms and then sculpt the arms and robes from scratch on several minis.

I have also NEVER seen as many mold lines on a mini as these guys had! That combined with their minute size made for quite the process. That being said, it was worth the work, because mold lines look terrible on minis IMHO.

I decided to leave the Gobos otherwise largely unchanged because 1. I love the way they look, and 2. I think that not having Armour lends itself well to the fluff of the team which is dodgy and squishy.
Still, I could not deny that the team needed to have something that marked it out as a BB team and not just a bunch of Night Goblins without weapons. So... I made their crescent moon number plates from plasticard and added a bead to represent a stud holding them to their robes.

Next up for these guys is deciding how I am going to base them. I am leaning towards a "cave styled" base with stalagmites, and... Red capped mushrooms of course.





Comments