I Am Having A Ball!!!

I think one of the things that I am loving the most about my Night Goblin team project is that there are just SO many iconic and characterful players on the team. I actually find myself being excited about the Line Gobos too, so I guess I have just really found a team that I can connect with all around.

One of the most iconic Night Goblins IMHO is the Fanatic! What's not to love about a Goblin flying around the pitch on the end of a ball and chain smashing anything and everything unlucky or stupid enough to end up in its path?!

Sure in game he is random, and can quite easily do more damage to his own team than the opposition, but if you are going to split hairs over little details like that you probably shouldn't be playing a stunty team in the first place 😜

For the conversion I have used a fanatic from the plastic boxed set as a base model, and drawn on the "new" GW/FW fanatic model for inspiration, I also looked to the metal fanatics of old for inspiration when it come to the hood.

For this conversion I have used a smooth ball from the Fanatic boxed set as the base, shortened the chain section and carved/drilled several of the links out. I then used various drill/dremel bits to create the eyes. After that I cut a plasticard strip to use as the lower jaw. From that point I used Green Stuff, thinner pieces of plastic, and little beads to make the teeth and other details.


I shaved away a considerable amount of plastic from the main body, as the models are quite thick. I sculpted GS robes onto the arms to create more movement, and also sculpted a longer more "old school" Night Goblin hood to add to the illusion of movement, and added a moon from a banner pole to the end for fun. I finished him off with the mandatory Crescent moon number plate.





Comments